What’s so interesting about this role?
We are seeking a Technical Recruiter that is passionate about building representative, inclusive, and talented teams to help scale companies and brands they believe in. Here at Grindr, we work each day to build a better, safer, and more equitable world for the global queer+ community and are looking for TA team members who are passionate about our mission and impact. Beyond sourcing, engaging, and hiring top talent for our company, you will be a natural and strategic collaborator who delivers consultative guidance to internal and external stakeholders to ensure best outcomes. Most importantly, you will be an extension of our culture with every communication and interaction and will directly contribute to scaling our recruiting practices and strategy as we continue to grow the TA team and our organization.
What’s the job?
- Work with the Heads of TA and HR, the Technology division, and other department heads to lead the end-to-end recruitment process, including sourcing, interviewing, and closing new hires
- Influence, attract, and convert niche passive talent through your depth of knowledge around Grindr’s mission, EVP, and culture
- Utilize recruitment tools such as ATSs and CRMs to track your workflow, manage candidate activity, and communicate with all active and passive candidates
- Apply top-of-the line marketing and branding tools and solutions to engage talent across numerous platforms including LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Comparably, and more
What we’ll love about you
- You have 3+ years minimum experience in recruiting in a fast-paced technical and geographically dispersed environment with at least 1 years dedicated specifically to technical recruiting
- You have experience using Greenhouse or another major ATS (Lever, iCIMS, Taleo, etc.)
- You have an authentic ability to connect with people from all walks of life; you treat everyone with equal respect and can communicate with individuals across all levels of an organization
- You’re considered a world-class problem-solver who can use their critical thinking and relationship building skills to get through any challenge
- You value diversity in its many forms and understand the critical importance of sourcing diverse and representative candidate pipelines, as well as building structured hiring processes to support inclusive and fair hiring
We’ll really swoon if you are
- Metrics-driven with an analytical mindset; you care as much about your data integrity as you do about your candidate experience
- Passionate about continuous improvement and willing to surface new technological tools and solutions for better measurement, recruitment analytics, sourcing, employer brand, or candidate experience
What you’ll love about us
- Global impact. Grindr is the world leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, Toronto and Taipei, though the company is set-up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set-up to hire easily in the US, Canada and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: Home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.