Exygy is looking for a technical recruiter to help us grow our engineering team with new talent excited to have a social impact with technology.
As a digital agency focused on social impact, we rely on working with top talent to deliver the high quality products for our clients in the civic, healthcare, and philanthropic sectors. Our engineering team is a blend of full-time employees and contractors, and we’re looking for someone comfortable working with both kinds of candidates. We use a wide range of tech stacks, from Nodejs with Typescript, to Ruby on Rails, WordPress, and Drupal.
We are looking for a perceptive person who can quickly understand candidate’s working style, motivations and needs to see if they align with our search. You don’t need to be a technical expert, but must be comfortable working with our Engineering Lead to understand the requirements, responsibilities, and areas of emphasis for each position, and then to help communicate them to candidates. In addition to searching for and reaching out to promising candidates, we’re looking for help screening resumes, occasionally leading interviews, and generally coordinating candidate hiring processes. You will work within Lever, our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), to review candidates, analyze their qualifications, and make recommendations for who should advance to technical challenges.
We anticipate this role to be 5-10hrs a week based on the evolving needs of our current and upcoming projects. We are usually hiring for between 1 to 4 engineering contractors at any given time, and 1 or 2 full-time positions.
- Source qualified candidates based on project needs and skill requirements.
- Qualify engineering candidates through resume and application reviews.
- Perform screening calls to analyze applicant’s fit for our project needs, and make thoughtful hiring recommendations.
- Drive positive candidate experiences through clear communication and organization.
- Maintain clean data in Lever ATS.
- Communicate and coordinate with our internal team to schedule hiring next steps.
- 2-4 years experience recruiting and hiring software engineers, including sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, and leading initial screening calls.
- Proven ability to recruit off and near shore engineers.
- Ability to assess people’s motivations and skills as they relate to Exygy’s specific needs as a tech agency, and make sound recommendations for hiring.
- Expert written and verbal communication.
Nice to Have
- Ability to write and post technical job descriptions.
- Experience with Lever or other Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Basic knowledge of any of our engineering tech stacks (we use Ruby on Rails, Django, Angular, React, WordPress, Drupal).
- Experience digging into hiring metrics and reports to make suggestions to improve the process and interviews overall.