We’re looking for a Technical Operations Specialist to join our CS Technical Operations team. The CS Tech OPS team focuses on troubleshooting the concerns of both our customers and partners, as well as managing live issues and incidents. They’ll work closely with the relevant product teams in Spotify to help drive problems to resolution whilst communicating progress to stakeholders. They’ll also design and implement custom monitoring solutions to help diagnose and resolve any trouble with the Spotify service.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with CS teams and Spotify’s partners to troubleshoot issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams across Spotify, to drive issues to resolution
- Follow-up on issues with post-mortems
- Build relationships across Spotify and keep up to date with organisational, product, and technical changes
- Inform CS about the status/progress on issues/bugs
- Identify and coordinate work-around
- Analyse data and stats to verify all systems are working
- You will be the subject matter expert for our internal tooling
- Actively identify areas of improvement throughout the CS operation, and co-ordinate with other teams on implementation
- You will work together with partners to resolve issues
- Keep partners updated on product maintenance and incidents going on at Spotify
- Craft and deploy monitoring solutions in a number of frameworks that meet varied requirements
- You’re ok with a rotating on-call service and occasional international travel.
Who you are:
- You’re passionate about music
- You have experience in supporting different tools and are enthusiastic about investigating and troubleshooting technical problems
- You’re capable of working independently, fixing problems as they arise and proactively find new things to fix and improve
- You enjoy working in teams, building new relationships, and collaborating with people to find solutions
- You are not afraid to raise your concerns, step up to challenges, and actively remove blockers
- You are passionate about continuous improvement
- You have an agile approach and are focused on delivering value
- You have experience of working with development teams
- You’re a confident communicator, organizer and meeting host who delivers presentations
- You work with bug tracking tools, specifically Jira.
- You either know the basics, or are interested in learning more about scripting languages like Python or Bash.
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more inform about about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST/EDT time zone for collaboration
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.