Offensive Security is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. We provide businesses, government, educational institutions, and individual cyber security practitioners with the most comprehensive real-world cyber security training and certification. We help make business more secure.
Offensive Security’s Student Success Advisor provides course advising and other necessary support services to students. As Advisors, it is our privilege to guide students through our processes and high level course curriculum in order to help our students achieve their learning objectives. This role assists with course selection, registration, orientation, navigation, completion, and course changes. The Student Success Advisor monitors student course progress, responds to early alerts, and assists students with identifying and utilizing resources that support retention, course completion, and certification achievement.
Duties and responsibilities
- Advises students and prospective students on courses that help them achieve their learning goals.
- Proactively responds to student concerns and makes suggestions and/or takes appropriate steps to help the student resolve the problem at hand.
- Refers students to company resources as needed.
- Assists with general orientation of new students and advises students concerning company policies and processes.
- Provides registration support to students when necessary.
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates data and metrics to identify possible at-risk students and advise them appropriately.
- Thoughtfully guide students to develop accountability for their decisions and an understanding of how those decisions impact their success.
- Effectively access and log student interaction and other data as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years relevant experience with a software/tech organization
- Ability to work with students in all time zones, locales and cultures throughout the world
- Ability to work unsupervised in a high-paced environment
- Fluency in reading, writing, and comprehension of English
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical and investigation skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Ability to work with confidential information and take precautions when doing so
- A strong belief and understanding of being a team player in a remote working environment
- Comfortable working with a Mac and Mac operating system
This role requires shift work which can include evenings and weekends. We are currently seeking candidates available to work Tuesday – Saturday from 2:00AM – 10:30AM GMT, with the flexibility to work a different schedule during the training period.