“The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come work with one of the strongest Finance teams in the industry and make an impact on the lives of Redditors everywhere.
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing and Operations Manager who is interested in owning the Procurement vision of Reddit. The sourcing leader will drive commodity strategies for indirect spend and strive to improve Reddit’s margin under our vendor portfolio spend. The Manager will be responsible for leading various negotiations and RFPs and will act as a guide for internal stakeholders when working with their vendor partners.
If you are excited about joining an awesome team that’s creating the future of Finance at Reddit and love having an impact on how mission driven organizations like Reddit operate, this job is for you! The role will report directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. You will be the guiding force behind the scenes ensuring our vendors, employees and leaders have a great experience building our brand while helping the organization stay financially responsible. As Reddit continues to mature, you will have a critical role in helping Reddit’s Procurement practice grow into a world class function.
What You’ll Learn:
As the Strategic Sourcing and Operations Manager, you will have an incredible opportunity to learn several Indirect Commodities. If you are eager and willing to take on several roles to take your career to the next level, this is the right place to be! You will also be under the guidance of the Director of Strategic Sourcing who will help guide you from their experience of handling over 13 commodity types.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Technology, Accounting, Finance and Sourcing practitioners who work together to chart the future of Reddit. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in SOX compliance, building easy to use finance tools and what it will look like to be a leader supporting a rapidly-growing company!
The Strategic Sourcing and Operations Manager will lead and actively participate in the strategic sourcing activities for Indirect Commodities such as HR, Marketing, Travel, Legal and Facilities with the goal of achieving significant year-on-year cost and productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. The person will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders in member organizations and in corporate functions to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. In this position, the Strategic Sourcing and Operations Manager will report directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
What you will do:
- Vendor Strategy: Plan, source and select new vendors. Work with business owners to optimize relationships with existing vendors. You will work on a broad range of exciting categories such as marketing, professional service providers, facilities, HR and more.
- Manage a large number of procurement projects and negotiations ranging from order forms to MSA’s to RFI/RFPs.You will work quickly but effectively to negotiate the best available price and terms to meet savings goals, minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Own and develop supplier analytics to support negotiations and/or purchasing activity, drive continual improvement.
- Must be willing to act as a backup for Procurement Operations, Issuing PO’s managing Approval flows and educating suppliers on our invoicing instructions.
Who you Might Be:
- 3+ Years of Experience as a Sourcing Specialist with ideally 1 year of experience as a Sourcing Manager. Have some experience with Indirect commodities such as Marketing, Travel, HR, Facilities and Legal
- Proficient in a Procurement System such as Netsuite, Coupa, and willing to learn new systems for Reddit to trial
- Patient leader who can balance internal stakeholder expectations while driving strong negotiation outcomes to external stakeholders. Must be capable of communicating operations and process steps to a non-technical audience
- Ability to pull financial spend reports and create commodity strategies annually and propose cost savings and cost avoidance targets