DoorDash is looking for top talent to play a pivotal role in building our new verticals business! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep sales knowledge who have sold across multiple industries and are inspired to bring their vision, passion, and skills to enable us to best serve our merchants.
About the Role
As a Strategic Merchant Lead, New Verticals you’ll be joining a team of experienced operators who have excelled in the art of leading highly deliberate sales processes. The team is laying the foundation for what will eventually be the biggest competitive advantage for DoorDash — industry-leading partnership terms with the best merchants.
You’ll be tasked with signing the top merchants in different markets around the US. You should go after this role if you’re highly competitive, enjoy thriving in ambiguity, and want to build a team from the ground up. New Vertical processes are still being built and we expect you to lend a hand in building them.
You will be expected to travel 25-50% of the time as your markets may or may not be near where you live; #oneteamonefight is paramount in this role!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with new merchants by helping them understand the value of DoorDash’s full suite of services (e.g. Marketplace, DoorDash Drive, POS Integration, Item Limits, etc.).
- Master our service offerings — address merchant issues by solving problems and applying product knowledge to win deals
- Lead complex negotiations to structure industry-leading and mutually beneficial economic terms
- Accelerate a highly organized sales cycle with the goal of closing deals within a few weeks
- Collaborate cross functionally — work with our Senior Sales Managers, Partner Management, as well central functions to extract the most value possible from our top accounts
We’re excited about you because you…
- Embody DoorDash values
- Demonstrate work-related skill needed for the role
- Solve problems with your solutions-oriented mindset
- Take initiative and focus on outcomes
- Communicate clearly and listen to understand
- Solicit feedback to welcome personal change and share constructive feedback
- Support the building and retention of a diverse team
- Contribute to a “brave space” where one is not punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns or mistakes
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.