Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Rebecca Minkoff, GE, KITH NYC, Steve Madden, Perry Ellis, Kylie Cosmetics… and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
As the leader for our Strategic Enterprise Accounts team you will be responsible for helping us build on our early successes in the enterprise market. In this role, you will help build and manage our east coast team and work to increase our customer base and market presence in the biggest companies in the world. We are looking for a seasoned leader with demonstrated success in Large Enterprise B2B sales that is passionate about building world-class teams.
- Hiring, inspiring and leading a team changing the e-commerce industry
- Collaborating and experimenting with the sales team to identify, create and coach best practices, understand customer and market trends, and review qualification approach to maximize sales efficiency
- Engaging with and supporting Shopify Plus and Shopify teams to build world-class processes and systems which drive growth
- Continually exploring the performance, trends, and behaviours of the sales team, the sales pipeline, and the market
- Consistently managing and optimizing the sales pipeline while providing accurate reporting and forecasting
- Contributing to the overall strategy and growth of Shopify Plus
- Helping change the large enterprise e-commerce landscape
Relevant experience for the role:
- Experience working in very complex deals and sales cycles
- Experience building high functioning remote teams
- Experience in direct sales management, preferably in e-commerce, SaaS, or Technology sales
- Experience mentoring and coaching sales teams to achieve a significant impact
- Deep understanding of the metrics behind performing sales teams – but with a healthy dose of judgment to interpret what the metrics really mean
- A healthy sense of who you are, how to have fun and build world-class teams. Who you are matters more than what you’ve done
- Nice to have a clear understanding of the commerce market in North America
This posting closes on October 11th at 3PM EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.