Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised $50 million from CoVenture and $7M from Inspired Capital, Lightbank, BoxGroup, Cultivation Capital, Crossbeam, and Lachy Groom Fund to fuel our mission and help employers, payors, providers, and patients better afford the status quo.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
Paytient is looking for a Strategic Alliance Manager who is passionate about the power of Paytient’s platform and mission to help remove cost as a barrier to care. In this role, you will build and own all our employer benefit consultant/broker relationships, acting as the single point of contact for our partnership success. You will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and expanding relationships with key brokerage houses across the country with the goal of partnering with brokers to offer Paytient to their clients.
The role reports to our Head of Revenue Operations and Strategy, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Define Paytient’s strategy for integrating with the benefits broker/consultant ecosystem, aiming to expand Paytient’s footprint in this space
- Scope, develop, and structure terms for new broker partnerships
- Manage existing relationships (regional and national), effectively prioritizing their requests
- Pass along partner feedback to Product and Marketing teams, informing our future feature roadmap and messaging/content strategy
- Travel to meet, engage and present to new broker partners
- Ability to navigate complex organizational structure to structure top-down initiatives with brokerage houses
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B business development, account management or sales role. Or, 5+ years of experience working as a benefits consultant/broker
- Direct experience working for (or with) employer benefits consultants/brokers
- Track record of success sourcing, closing, and implementing client/customer/partner deals in the B2B space
- Deep understanding of healthcare stakeholders (payors, providers, patients) and their needs
- Experienced project manager who can juggle multiple timelines and prioritize demands from internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills, with experience influencing senior leadership
- Familiarity with Hubspot and io(or similar tools)
- Ability to deliver effective presentations both in-person and virtually
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary & being Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company that pays geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. Our founding team is proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new hires to stay in one of our company-provided luxury apartments on visits so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year