We are looking for an Android Engineer to join the GitHub Mobile team to help shape the future of our sparkling new native app. Since launching in March, we’ve accumulated over 600k downloads and a 4.7 star rating in Google Play, but we are just getting started. The team is looking for someone who is passionate about the Android platform and who will help us build a world-class app in design, performance & accessibility.
Come join the team and influence the future of GitHub for mobile!
A day in the life…
- Build new features in Kotlin that simplify people’s workflows
- Brainstorm architecture and product decisions with the team. It’s a small team, everyone’s input matters!
- Collaborate with iOS and backend engineers to create a unified product
- Jam on pixels with designers to propose new ideas or issue feedback
- Test the app via bug bashes
- Participate in org meetings, offsites, and hackathons
- Strong written communication skills
- High degree of empathy
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing Android apps and distributing them through Google Play
- Comfort working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team
- A personal Android device. We are looking for someone who is familiar with the platform and even a fan of it!
- Knowledge of Android design best-practices
- Experience in Kotlin
Learn more about GitHub for Android
- Become a beta tester
- Read about our most recent launch – Advanced Reviews ✨
- Check out the GitHub mobile landing page
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.