Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
As the Social media Manager for Ollie, you’ll own the brand and voice of our company on social. From posting to our 60K+ followers on Instagram, to cultivating relationships with influencers, your strategy will establish Ollie as one of the “must follow accounts” in the dog/pet vertical. Using your creative energy and relationship building skills, you’ll create content and build an engaged base that will spread the power of fresh dog food, create awareness around Ollie and, ultimately improve dogs’ lives
This is both a strategic and executional role. You must be comfortable writing strategy one minute, and then creating content the next.
What you’ll do
- Build social media strategies that are break through and resonate with Ollie’s followers
- Grow our social audience
- Launch new channels and channel specific content for platforms like Pinterest and TikTok (if appropriate)
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (i.e. PR, Art Director, Copy, Head of Food) to develop our content strategy and calendar to drive brand awareness and organic traffic to the site
- Pitch and secure partnerships with top brands, organization, influencers to build Ollie’s presence within the pet space
- Oversee everything from strategy to execution to budget management and reporting
Who you are
- ~5 years of experience owning social media strategy and execution for a brand with large scale vision
- Start up experience preferred
- Deep understanding of social channels and how to launch on new platforms
- Deep understanding of how to build awareness, engagement and fandom in niche communities
- Ability to connect with people and build a social ecosystem – from new customers to influencers to brand partners
- Creative, analytical and nimble – you know how to run promotions, sweepstakes and campaigns that you come up with and understand how to interpret results and how to optimize for the future
- Test and learn mentality
- Experience sourcing photography (UGC, Influencer, Stock, directly through relationships with creators and photographers)
- Experience with Sprout Social, Planoly and Canva as well as strong understanding of other effective tools that the team should be considering
- Solid copy writing skills and understanding of how to tweak brand voice for social
- Strong understanding around the role of UGC and engaging community in social presence
- Ability to partner with other brands in social and strong understand around rules and regulation with contests and giveaways
- Strong understanding around entire digital content ecosystem and what role social plays
- Basic photo and video editing skills, comfortable using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Premiere
- Photography and video background and ability to create content if needed
- An obsession with pets and a passion for all things dog
- Competitive health coverage including dental and vision
- Flexible vacation policy
- 8-week paid parental leave, 8-weeks unpaid, and 8-weeks flex schedule with 100% pay
- Monthly team workouts, boozehound happy hours, and milestone celebrations
- Weekly team lunches
- 1-week pawternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for up to one dog
If you’d like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you’re interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.