To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that has shaped the internet for the better over the last 25 years. We make pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best content online. Now, with more than 225 million people around the world using our products each month, we’re shaping the next 25 years of technology. Our work focuses on diverse areas including AI, social media, security and more. And we’re doing this while never losing our focus on our core mission – to make the internet better for everyone.
The Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the non-profit 501(c) Mozilla Foundation. This means we aren’t beholden to any shareholders — only to our mission. Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozillians design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
Mozilla’s SRE Team is looking for an engineer to aid in constructing and maintaining infrastructure supporting Mozilla products. This role involves blending Site Reliability Engineering and Software Development skills to influence product architecture and evolution by crafting reliable cloud-based infrastructure for internal and external services. Working with engineering and product teams, this SRE position involves significant engineering projects across the company, collaborating with diverse engineers, focusing on system enhancements, building new architecture, tool assessment, and removing toil.
What you’ll do:
- Automate tasks and processes using scripting languages and configuration management tools
- Spot and raise potential issues to the team, typically focused on Reliability
- Participate in on-call for production reliability and services
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in the delivery of work
- Be trusted to help resolve unclear but urgent tasks
- Assist in monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents
- Document processes, configurations, and procedures
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or 1-2 years of experience in related field
- Basic understanding of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, load balancing)
- Experience in programming languages such as: Python, Go, Node.js, Rust, Ruby
- Curiosity and interest in learning new things and solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse groups in a remote setting
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
Bonus points for…
- Experience with CI/CD orchestration (Jenkins, CircleCI, or Github Actions)
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Amazon Cloudformation or Google Cloud Deployment Manager)
- Experience running services in a cloud environment
- Understanding of web servers such as Nginx and Apache
- Knowledge of Observability, including monitoring and logging tools
- Open source software involvement
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all regular employees – we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. – varies by country)
When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. We’re not a normal tech company. The things we create prioritize people and their privacy over profits. We exist to make the internet a healthier, happier place for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla believes in the value of diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge, and knows diversity, equity and inclusion are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.