Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a data-driven, results-oriented SEO Specialist to join our Media Publisher SEO team.
Level up your SEO career and challenge yourself by working with some of the most recognized national media publishers in the highly competitive financial services sector. You will be an integral part of the team by executing organic research, implementing recommendations, analyzing organic growth, and testing content marketing strategies hands-on. Your work will help consumers make better financial decisions and help them make a profound difference in their financial livelihood.
This is a great opportunity for you to join a high-growth stage company and meaningfully contribute to the success of our marketing program. This role would be good for someone who is looking to build a career in SEO and compete at the cutting edge of the industry.
The role is full-time and based in our SF office (but we will consider remote for the right person). Compensation is based on experience.
You’re a great fit for this role if you’re:
- Passionate about the content (and personal finance!)
- Always taking initiative and able to work independently
- Eager to work in a dynamic start-up environment where an opportunity for ownership and impact is significant
- A sponge and are eager to learn from an experienced SEO
- Hungry to beat the competition
- Maintain an editorial calendar of evergreen content which will be published through partnerships with national media publishers
- Manage content workflow based on an understanding of production timelines
- Conduct extensive topical research and interpret user intent to produce content briefs that are recognized as best-in-class
- Analyze, identify and manage SEO initiatives and organic search opportunities to identify content gaps and determine the value of existing content
- Collaborate with vendors and external resources to ensure deliverables meet requirements
- Perform regular SEO audits and optimizing exercises
- Assist in driving strategy and execution of Credible’s content optimization engine, ensuring our content ranks as high as possible at all times
- Monitor organic search performance of Credible and top competitor sites across multiple verticals
- Partner with our Senior SEO manager to create and deliver recurring SEO performance reports, provide actionable insights for senior executives and stakeholders, collaborate on quarterly progress reviews and forecasts
- Stay up to date on industry trends and continually expand SEO knowledge
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working in SEO, digital content, or marketing with proven results
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, information technology or a related field preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate under pressure on time-critical initiatives
- Strong command of the English language, including spelling and rules of composition and grammar
- Superior attention to detail, organization and strong project management skills
- Experience working within WordPress and other content management systems is a plus
- Experience with SEO software a plus (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Ahrefs, SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, Sitebulb, etc)
- Experience with basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Managed a personal blog/website a strong plus
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.