Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
At Upwork, we are looking for a SEO Manager to drive growth initiatives within our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of high-impact SEO growth projects. You will work closely with multiple cross-functional partners within Product, Engineering, Design, Content Marketing, Paid Search, Data Science and Analytics to grow relevant business metrics associated with businesses looking to hire quality freelance talent from around the world. You have strong interpersonal skills, thrive working in a dynamic environment, and you can balance critical thinking, creative ideation, and exceptional follow-through. This role will report directly to the Head of SEO.
- Drive SEO analytics for Content, Technical and Outreach tracks, including reporting, anomaly detection, forecasting, search data mart, creation and proliferation of case studies across teams.
- Support technical SEO tracks including site performance, Schema and platform improvements.
- Co-own innovations/testing with Content and Technical managers and partner with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to define, test and launch SEO improvements.
- Support Reputation program, SEM/SEO co-optimization, Outreach, ASO, SiteSearch tracks.
- Find opportunities to expand Upwork’s search share, and assist in the process of tracking and analyzing overall success!
- Support team operations including managing agencies (including POs), budgets, manage and ensure adoption of SEO tools, create and maintain team Wiki, help educate marketers, engineers, and product managers on best practices and evangelize importance of SEO.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Extensive SEO experience at an enterprise company, ideally at a B2B organization and a Fortune 500!
- Search analytics background in an enterprise-size company and exceptional quantitative skills for analyzing data, proposing actionable recommendations and taking action on it.
- Proven ability to implement content, technical, outreach SEO tracks with cross-functional teams including keyword research and content optimization within large-scale sites (including Schema and site performance) and SEO QA.
- Working experience with tools commonly used to track and analyze SEO performance: tracking with SEMRush and Ahrefs, Log parsing with Splunk or comparable, QA with Screaming Frog, content optimization with Clearscope, and Google Search Console.
- Strong familiarity planning and executing SEO tests.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.