Vendr helps people buy and sell software without friction. As the creator and leader of the SaaS buying category, Vendr has saved companies millions of dollars across tens of thousands of software purchases.
If you’re eager to advance in your career and are committed to establishing a fair and transparent software purchasing ecosystem supported by top-notch data, you’ve come to the right place.
Our headquarters is in Boston, Mass., with locations in Charleston, S.C and London, England. We have over 250 employees globally who work both in-person and remotely.
At Vendr, our culture serves our team to deliver their best work. We prioritize being data-driven and transparent in our approach, focusing on velocity. We believe in doing what’s right, not prioritizing who is right. We cultivate a curious mindset to seek out the truth and share data with those who can benefit.
Above all, kindness is at the core of our culture, where generosity and consideration for others are highly valued. In everything we do, honesty and transparency are paramount, as they’re essential in building trust with our customers and one another.
→ Learn more about our values.
Since 2019, we have:
- Managed billions in software spend on behalf of our customers
- Saved hundreds of millions of dollars for our customers across tens of thousands of software negotiations
- Provided our customers with unprecedented visibility into their software stacks, enabling them to identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings
- Utilized our industry-leading data to make the SaaS buying process more clear, transparent and accessible
- Assisted our customers in developing a data-driven approach to SaaS purchasing
- Collaborated with professionals in finance, IT, procurement, and department heads to enhance their process maturity and modernize their business processes
We want you to join us on our mission to fix how companies buy SaaS. We want to hear from you if you’re looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact, solve interesting challenges, and help hundreds of customers. Join Vendr’s pioneering teams and help transform how companies discover, purchase, and manage software.
About the Role
UX Researchers at Vendr work closely with Product Designers and peers across the organization to craft delightful experiences that make our customers’ lives easier.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be a key player in understanding our users’ needs, motivations, and pain points. Your work will be instrumental in shaping product strategy and driving user-centered design decisions. By collaborating closely with product designers, you will ensure that our SaaS product delivers exceptional user experiences that cater to our customers’ requirements and aspirations.
Senior UX Researchers at Vendr are dynamic practitioners capable of mentoring peers across the company on research practices, evangelizing study results and insights, and influencing strategy. You see yourself as a partner to product managers, designers, and marketers to ensure we focus on the most critical questions in order to deliver great experiences quickly and iteratively.
Research at Vendr is a core practice that everyone in the organization is tasked with enabling. Senior UX Researchers are experts at understanding and communicating customer needs and processes. You will be a thought leader in the organization, influencing focus and strategy and playing a key part in supporting our principle of customer obsession.
Your responsibilities would be…
- Lead end-to-end UX research initiatives, utilizing a variety of methodologies such as usability testing, interviews, surveys, and data analysis to gain deep insights into user behavior and preferences.
- Collaborate with UX designers, product managers, and engineers to identify research opportunities and integrate user insights into product development.
- Analyze and interpret quantitative data to extract actionable insights, and present findings to stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner.
- Identify trends and patterns from datasets, offering valuable recommendations for optimizing user experience and informing product roadmaps.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable recommendations, providing evidence-based insights that drive design improvements and feature enhancements.
- Effectively present results to a range of stakeholders – executives, engineers, product managers, product designers, and other researchers.
- Champion the user’s perspective throughout the product development process, advocating for user needs and promoting a user-first culture within the organization.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in quantitative UX research and contribute to the continuous improvement of our research methodologies.
Who we’re looking for…
*These qualifications are meant to represent characteristics that we think would make someone successful performing the responsibilities of this role. But often times the most successful people don’t match what we would expect. If you think you can be successful in this role but don’t feel like these match you perfectly, we hope you’ll apply!*
- You have at least 5 years of experience in UX research on B2B/enterprise software products. We are especially interested in speaking with you if you have experience working with ERP or contract management systems or internal account, budgeting, or financial products
- Conduct impactful research at scale and can demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies.
- Have a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Can design, execute, and communicate research in a fast-paced, agile product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps. If you have experience with RITE methods we would love to know!
- Are experts at synthesizing complex concepts and information patterns, quantifying qualitative feedback, and isolating key findings and insights.
- Have a clear and compelling communication style and ability to present results to a range of stakeholders at the right fidelity and scope, including peers, executives, and the broader team.
- Know what great research looks like and how to balance rigor with fast-paced environments. Please share if you have developed your own rituals and playbooks on great design and/or have scaled research through mentored peers such as product managers and designers on conducting research.
- Self-motivate and self-manage, with excellent organizational skills and comfort working in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Show up as a confident team player who advocates for the customer while helping cross-functional teams focus on the questions that are most important to deliver a best-in-class product in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- We’re a disruptor – we’re changing the way SaaS is purchased and managed
- We have the right value proposition at this time, (we save companies time and money and help them grow efficiently)
- We’re a startup with durable growth
- We have great people and a strong culture, (check out our values here)
- Competitive pay & benefits **applicable to U.S. employees, ask our team for details on our International benefits**
- Medical, Dental, Vision with company paid premiums
- HSA contribution
- Flexible/unlimited PTO
- 12 paid company holidays in addition to PTO
- 4% 401k matching
- WFH stipend
- Education & wellness reimbursement
- All Mac environment