Twitter’s real-time ecosystem operates at massive scale. We are looking for engineers who can harness this data through beautiful, simple tools and services. We serve a diverse and growing set of customers who rely on you and your team to help them be more efficient and effective in their jobs. You will be responsible for crafting and building tools and systems focused on improving software and hardware reliability, enabling actions on the core infrastructure components, which deliver billions of tweets and support 300M+ users.
What you’ll do:
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management, implementation, and automation of complex infrastructure systems.
- Implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well-tested code.
- Track record of crafting and implementing complex software services.
- 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service.
- You have expertise developing on the JVM (e.g. Java, Scala), and understand asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and the Java memory model.
- Comfortable working in a small and dynamic development team, context switching (when appropriate) between projects and languages.
- Datacenter, Network and System knowledge: you know the layers below the applications.
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale.
- Solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs.
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.