Timescale is seeking an experienced Product Manager focused on UI/UX.
You will play a central role in designing and defining a new open-source product around IT monitoring and observability aimed at developers and SREs.
This person should care deeply about how users can collect, explore, and act on large, complex, and varied volumes and types of time-series data for IT monitoring. You will help define user interfaces and experiences, through both user research and an intuitive understanding of the monitoring space.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position and can be fully remote (timezones UTC-8 to +3) or in our NYC office.
- Deliver a monitoring product that feels like magic to users, delivering insights and value immediately
- Ensure intuitive interfaces, user flows, and ease-of-use across a complex set of interacting data sources
- Work closely with designers and engineers, managing a product roadmap, development, and delivery across a distributed team
- Perform user research and gather requirements, and define new features for an open-source software and SaaS offering
- Setup, use, critique, and improve a developer-focused monitoring product designed for modern cloud and Kubernetes environments
- Strong self-driven execution, ownership, and delivery
- 5+ years of proven track record in product management working on developer tools or an enterprise SaaS product
- Good understanding of infrastructure and application software
- Direct experience with modern distributed products and knowledge of the open-source data software ecosystem
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Preference for bachelor’s degree in CS or technical background
Time series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it. Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IT and DevOps monitoring, IoT, complex sensing and monitoring systems, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments. The Timescale team is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.