Buffer is a platform of social media products made for modern, online brands. We’re building the products they need for visual marketing, audience engagement, and analytics. We want to help these brands stand out online and to drive meaningful engagement and measurable results for their brand and their bottom line.
As a Senior Product Manager at Buffer, you’ll own the vision and roadmap for your product within the Buffer platform. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams at Buffer to align Publish with our strategic bets and north star, define success criteria, and develop clear plans and milestones. Day to day, you’ll work hands on and collaborate with your product team to execute on the roadmap and ship features that deliver value to our customers.
You’ll be working on our flagship product, Publish. This highly visible product is at the core of our customer’s overall experience with Buffer. The product allows our customers to plan, collaborate, and publish high quality content that helps drive awareness, engagement, and sales for their brand.
Though our Publish product is well established and generating just over $20M ARR, we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager that can drive more than incremental change. Working closely with the Design, Engineering, Data, and Marketing teams, you’ll find, execute, and grow the next big opportunities for this product.
Who You’ll Work With
In this role you’ll report to the Head of Product. Day to day you’ll work closely with and be supported by a Senior Product Designer, Engineers, and an Engineering Manager. You’ll also work closely with our Data, Marketing, and Advocacy teams.
- Set a compelling long term vision for the next chapter of Publish.
- Define the strategy, set clear goals, and build a roadmap that helps your team realize the product vision.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, data, and marketing to drive the ideation, research, design, and development of customer-focused features and improvements.
- Keep a strong pulse on the world of direct to consumer brands (DTCs) and the social media management landscape.
- Keep your team focused and excited to solve customer problems by connecting the work they do to our customer’s success and our larger mission.
- Build alignment across product teams, our leadership team, and other stakeholders.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Successful track record of managing software products throughout the product lifecycle.
- Strong technical understanding of how modern software products are built and integrate with other services and APIs.
- Passionate about creating a high quality products with a keen eye for detail and intuitive user experiences.
- Adept at pairing data with product intuition to always keep product decisions moving forward.
- Strong understanding of key SaaS metrics including MRR, Churn, LTV, CAC, ARPU, and how these metrics impact one another.
- Clear and concise written skills with an ability to distill and communicate complex topics.
- Bias towards action with an ability to drive results near term as well as the ability to zoom out and connect the day to day work to our large mission.
- Ideally located in within the CST or EST timezone.
What We Value
Clear communication, transparency, open-mindedness, empathy and patience are just a few of Buffer’s cultural values. We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. Here’s a guide on how we strive to communicate with customers.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you’re excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $122K – $153K USD.
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office!
👓 Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year!
🤑 401(k): With 3% company match.
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits!
🍼 Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers twice per year! Our next retreat is in Greece.
☕️ Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
Where You’ll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 18 countries, 11 timezones and 45 cities around the world to build a great culture and product. You’ll work where you’re happiest and most productive, in the place that helps you to become the person you wish to be.