Polaris is Shopify’s design system. It helps us work together to build a great experience for all of Shopify’s merchants. Our team manages our style guide and the documentation you see on https://polaris.shopify.com/, our React component library, and the education and advocacy for the design system both internally with teams within Shopify, and externally with our partners building apps using Polaris for the Shopify ecosystem.
The UX design team creates tools that give even the most inexperienced entrepreneur the best chance to succeed. At the same time, we design solutions that help some of the world’s leading businesses manage enormous complexity. Making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their level of experience, is our passion. It’s what we come to work every morning excited to tackle.
Our team is made up of over 300 designers, content strategists, researchers, and front-end developers across 5 offices. Although everyone at Shopify is responsible for building great experiences, the design team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
For this role, you’ll need:
- An understanding of the product design process, including user flows, wireframing, content modelling, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- Experience with design systems: whether creating them or working with them
- A passion for systems work
- Fluency in visual design: including typography, colour systems, layout
- Strong communication skills and can demonstrate how you’ve collaborated across teams and disciplines
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with multi-brand or multi-product design systems
- Worked with a remote team
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.