We’re growing our mobile development team, join us in building a fully decentralized, censorship resistant, privacy first group chat platform that leverages the Ethereum blockchain to enable individuals and groups worldwide to communicate and transact with one another freely without restriction.
Status is looking for an UI Engineer to join our mobile development team who will work closely with Design to transform UI specifications into beautiful, smooth, performant and near pixel perfect interactive interfaces. The ideal person will be comfortable working on features end-to-end, has an eye for design and visual detail, enjoys working with designers as well as developers, and who can transform reused UI patterns such as list items into reusable UI components. The ideal candidate will love finessing UI implementations to the highest levels of quality and will care deeply about things like code cleanliness, reusability, maintainability, performance, and UI layout accuracy – as well as doing whatever needed to create a best-in-class user experience for Status’s users.
Willingness to both learn and share your knowledge with others, product-orientation, and making sure all team members are aligned when developing new features, will make you successful in the role. Status is a fast-paced, flat organization, working on cutting edge blockchain and decentralized messaging technologies in a dynamic landscape. We look forward to meeting you!
Some of the responsibilities include:
– Implement new features end to end
– Collaborate closely with the Design team around both the designs and the implementation of the designs
– Craft eye catching UIs and propose improvements to our code base
– Sense checking with team and prioritizing work from our backlog
You should have:
– Experience implementing first class mobile user interfaces
– Eye for detail; point us to completed implementation work
– Experience with native iOS UI development
– 3+ years of experience working on complex mobile applications
Bonus points if you have:
– Experience with React Native
– Experience with native Android UI development
– Strong experience with CSS and CSS Flexbox Layout
– Some experience with any of the following programming languages (Go, Clojure, ClojureScript, Java in Android development, Objective C, Kotlin, Swift)
– Exposure to designing structured UI components and libraries
– An interest in decentralization and blockchains
– Introductory conversation – People Ops team
– Team Lead + UX Research
– Technical Task
– Peer Panel Interview – Core Engineer + Design team
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Status compensates people with above average salaries in fiat or crypto, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here: https://status.im/snt-utility/
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include open source, Ethereum-based apps for mobile and desktop that give users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web. One of our goals is to transform our current chat functionality into a group chat competitor to Discord and Slack, but with the difference of being 100% decentralized, strongly censorship resistant (e.g. so that even ourselves are unable to censor any usage of our platform), privacy first, and utilizing open Ethereum token standards to manage permissions, incentivisation and monetization.
Status also develops foundational infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem as a whole including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.We’re a remote team made up of ~75 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, 100% of our software is open source and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.