Βeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes. Beat’s mission is to become part of people’s everyday life by making transportation more affordable, convenient, efficient and safe, while providing enormous economic opportunities to hundreds of thousands of people who drive with Beat.
Beat is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. The app was founded in Athens, Greece, starting its life as “TaxiBeat”. Within 3 years of operations in the Greek capital, Beat extended its service in Latin America, starting from Peru. Today, Beat is the fastest growing ride-hailing service in this region, serving millions of rides every day. The app is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia and Mexico and has a Tech Innovation and Engineering Hub in the Netherlands.
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You will be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and help each other reach our potential. We’re dedicated to being agile, which means we’re constantly learning about our developer experience to iterate as much as necessary to improve it.
We are constantly growing our world-class engineering team and developing innovative projects including car-pooling, personalized services, real time dynamic pricing mechanisms, sophisticated routing and dispatching algorithms and fraud detection/prevention systems.
About the role
Are you a talented iOS Engineer who has a deep understanding of the iOS mobile device, with excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Beat team and build with us an amazing product of international reach!
Our iOS team has recently been working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
What you’ll do day in day out:
- Be involved with a variety of projects to extend and enhance our iOS Beat applications.
- Participate in the entire app development life cycle from project and feature setup to app store deployment.
- Identify and solve complex technical issues as they arise.
- Building new features to create an experience nothing short of magical.
- Use the latest technologies and frameworks.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science is preferred.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- At least 2 year of native iOS app development experience.
- Strong development skills in Objective-C, Swift and good general programming and algorithm skills.
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work.
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Memory management understanding
- Experience in version control (Git preferable).
What it’s nice to have:
- Hands on experience with location based apps
- Published apps in the App Store
- Familiarity with XCTest
- Knowledge of iOS API design guidelines
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.