Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
As a senior firmware engineer at Lime, you will be designing and building the core technology that makes our scooters not only safe to ride but most enjoyable. You will provide mentorship to junior engineers so they can grow and practice the state of art. You will champion embedded system best practices and keep raising the bar for engineering excellence.. You’ll be working alongside a group of engineers, designers, and PMs from top schools and with experience building systems and apps at companies like Facebook, Twitter, Uber, and Square.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop firmware for Lime’s mega-fleet of connected vehicles
- Collaborate with diverse teams from across the organization, including remote hardware and software development team
- Develop firmware installation and QC processes for new products
- Tune system performance & verify operational efficiencies
- 5+ years of firmware development experience
- Fluent with C/C++ and Linux + ARM based embedded system
- Fluent with TCP/IP; Experience with MQTT and other IOT protocols is a plus
- Experience with Qualcomm MDM9X07 is a plus
- Experience with CANbus, RS232, UART, I2C, SPI and other communication protocols
- Experience with FreeRTOS is a plus
- Experience with Firmware Over the Air Process
- 15% travel to China is expected
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.