Eventbrite’s business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As an Engineering Leader you will inspire, mentor, and develop the team that builds beautiful, responsive, delightful and intuitive user interfaces that people are excited to use every day.
We’re a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software. Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
As an Senior Engineering Manager of SRE at Eventbrite, your focus will be around building new features and services to address system reliability concerns. You’ll not only help optimize our existing processes (e.g. on-call, incident response, operational support, etc.), but will more importantly work closely with our development teams to help proactively build reliability, scalability, and observability into their services. You’ll be responsible for charting both short and long term direction of the team, and help continue driving reliability as a core principle throughout our engineering organization at Eventbrite.
- 5+ years experience in engineering leadership and people management
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline
- Experience building and supporting infrastructure and services in public cloud environments like AWS
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead high-functioning engineering teams.
- Experience in recruiting a well-rounded, diverse technical team
- Experience working with a highly collaborative environment, driving a team who ships code to production often
- Focus on culture and leadership
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!).
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Professional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let’s make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- A family-friendly environment.
- Monthly Lunch vouchers
- Travel options to meet with your colleagues in San Francisco and other offices around the globe.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
We are currently working on becoming compliant with the new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.