Do you dream in pixels and picas? Have nightmares about questionable kerning? Recite hex values on demand, and see creative opportunities at every corner? Welcome.
We’re building a world class team at Yelp, and we’re searching for a Senior Designer to help us shape creative strategies while crafting great design, and have fun while doing it.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll play a key role in shaping Yelp’s brand voice, working hand-in-hand alongside our creative partners. You’ll be responsible for distilling the essence of Yelp’s brand personality into visual communications that connects with our audience. In other words, telling great stories that our customers want to see and hear. You’ll also be responsible for translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and concepts that can be designed and delivered in a timely manner. Ultimately creating solutions that drive measurable impact for our partners and customers.
Our mission is to connect people with great local businesses. At Yelp, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on a brand that hundreds of millions of people trust to discover and experience the best of the world around them.
Reporting to the Director of Design, you will be working with a creative team made up of designers, illustrators, and animators. You know, creatives, people just like you. You’ll need to be a natural, hands-on designer developing innovative concepts and executing beautiful design solutions alongside your team. While also beginning to mentor, inspire, and grow others around you.
This is a full-time remote position based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You’ll be responsible for the design and production of design across multiple platforms.
- You’ll engage in crafting the strategic direction and articulating the “what” and “why” while being able execute against the “how.”
- You’ll promote strategic thinking internally as well as define and refine the process/approach for tackling a problem and leading other toward that solution.
- You’ll actively collaborate and seek out partnerships with cross-functional peers.
- You’ll contribute to the ongoing development team member’s process, methods and culture overall and drive cross-functional meetings.
- You’ll understand peripheral processes, i.e. print, interactive and mobile platforms.
- You’ll actively contributing to team critiques and reviews.
- You’ll be responsible for working with internal partners to deliver design on time and in line with Yelp’s brand style.
- You’ll art direct photo and/or video shoots as needed.
- You’ll help drive creative and operational excellence across the team.
- You’ll act as an integral member of the design organization, supporting recruiting and hiring practices.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have roughly 5–10 years’ experience; contributed to multiple creative campaigns and has led solutions for individual projects.
- You are versatile, open minded, compassionate and empathetic.
- You must have demonstrable experience working effortlessly across print and digital advertising and marketing channels and mediums. Interaction design, motion graphics, and packaging design experience is a plus.
- You love the disciplines of graphic design, brand identity, and visual design.
- You possess strong design fundamentals; layout, color, composition, typography, and use of imagery.
- You have excellent working knowledge of Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and yes, Google Docs Editors Suite.
- You have fundamental written communication skills that can be employed for brand storytelling or guiding a user through an experience.
- You have meticulous crafting and attention to design and copy details.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You ideally have experience designing for a B2B and or B2C product-based company
What You’ll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).