Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Safety Engineering org diligently defends Reddit’s integrity by fighting spam, abuse, bots, and fraud. Our team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
As a Senior Data Engineer on our Safety Signals team, you will be in charge of designing and building scalable data infrastructure by leveraging workflow management platforms (e.g. Airflow). You will work directly with data partners to support analytics needs. Your work will enable data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product teams to create and access information at a massive scale.
If ensuring the safety of users on one of the most popular websites in the US excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly-knit company with one of the highest user: employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
Who You Might Be:
- Build and scale data orchestration services (e.g. Airflow DAGs) that support complex analysis for Safety org
- Own Safety’s data infrastructure design and other technical decisions, including Airflow instance upgrade.
- Design and implement requirements of security, privacy and compliance of Safety’s data infrastructure.
- Co-own Safety’s core data warehouse with Safety Data Science, and improve the scalability and performance of the data warehouse.
- Collaborate across disciplines and with other ML/data teams at Reddit to find technical and process solutions to complex safety challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of data engineering experience in industry
- 2+ years of experience working with a data warehouse environment (BigQuery, etc) and large scale ETL systems (implementation, strategy, and maintenance)
- 2+ years of experience building reusable data assets for Data Science stakeholders
- Proficiency with Python, SQL and Airflow (or similar workflow orchestration products)
- Good communication skills about complex technical topics to collaborate with data scientists and engineers
- Passion for Trust and Safety
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 – $275,300.