“The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is looking for an enthusiastic Community professional to help support and engage our tens of thousands of volunteer moderators. You’ll join our close-knit team as we expand significantly in 2021, helping solve moderator issues, mediate community drama, communicate and engage with our moderators, and drive internal understanding of the moderator experience.
If you’re a self-starter who is passionate about communities – warts and all – then this is the opportunity you’re looking for.
We are a diverse team that is committed to building an inclusive environment. We’re not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
Just like we respect redditors’ pseudonymity, we respect our employees’ right to pseudonymity when working with such a large population, and provide tools for scrubbing your personally identifiable information from the web.
- Address moderator requests, issues, and concerns
- Identify and escalate bugs and operations issues
- Step in to mediate complex disputes within communities and moderator teams
- Help communities navigate unrest and crises
- Work with our volunteer moderators to build trust and drive engagement
- Envision new ways to support and engage our moderators – our best strategies come from within the team, not from the top!
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3-5 years relevant experience as a manager or moderator of online communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage workload
- Can understand the goals of everyone in the room and translate their needs into successful resolutions for all parties
- Ability to remain patient, calm, and focused during a crisis
- Exudes patience and demonstrates the ability to think critically
- Experience as a Reddit user or moderator is a plus
- Familiarity with ticketing systems like Zendesk is a bonus
This position can work from anywhere in the US, Canada, or UK!