We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
1Password is in the process of up-leveling our Channel Program and we are searching for our first channel marketing senior manager to develop and lead the next era of channel marketing for our organization. As the Sr. Manager, Channel Marketing you are accountable for developing and launching a Channel Marketing function to enable, co-market with, and incentivize distributors, resellers and managed service providers (MSPs) to sell 1Password to their customers.
You will design the process for engaging with and enabling 1Password partners. You will lead the creation and oversee the execution of co-marketing and MDF programs that activate and incentivize 1Password resellers and MSP partners to source new business and support their 1Password customers. You understand the needs of regional partners and how to craft a marketing strategy to deliver against their objectives. You will work closely with the GTM Partnerships team, Product Marketing, and Field Marketing to define the channel marketing capabilities to support our channel sales team, build required partner assets, and deliver the appropriate mix of tactics that ensures pipeline and ARR targets are achieved.
You are an experienced channel marketer who has built a channel marketing function before. You are relationship-oriented and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to drive your programs to success. You are excited to work closely with other GTM leaders and love engaging with partners.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada or the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Several years experience in channel marketing strategy and program execution.
- Hands-on experience in developing and executing channel marketing initiatives and co-marketing channel programs in the Cybersecurity sector.
- Proven history of recruiting, developing relationships, and retaining resellers and MSPs.
- A proven track record of generating pipeline and ARR through channel marketing.
- Experience planning and managing partner enablement programs, and managing a partner marketing portal. Hands-on experience with Zift preferred.
- Proven ability to plan, manage, and optimize MDF budgets and programs.
- Critical thinker with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Great communicator and comfortable working across executive and C-level leaders in partner organizations.
- A confident and influential partner to other partnership functions, sales, customer success, product, technology, and finance.
- Strong sense of ownership to proactively identify and drive alignment in ambiguous and high-growth environments.
What you can expect:
- Establish the Channel Marketing strategy, objectives, and key results in conjunction with the Marketing and GTM Partnership leaders.
- Build and execute a multi-tier channel marketing program to entice MSPs, resellers, and distributors to source new business for 1Password and contribute to our pipeline objectives.
- Develop partner enablement strategy. In partnership with GTM Partnerships and Product Marketing, prepare channel enablement resources, marketing collateral and sales assets for use by partners.
- Manage and keep up to date the partner portal.
- Activate new partnerships introduced into the program and work to minimize the time to first deal closing for with each new partner.
- Plan and execute the co-marketing programs with top channel partners.
- Manage a multi-tier MDF program to assist partners in generating pipeline and deals, and focus spending on partners delivering the strongest results.
- Operate an incentives program to drive partner rep performance.
- Establish relationships with priority MSPs, distributors and resellers. Earn the right for 1Password to be their preferred partner. Displace competitors.
- Work with the GTM Partner team to accelerate business for our partners across global market dynamics.
- Market to MSPs, distributors and resellers to support the acquisition of new partnerships.
- Set channel marketing targets.
- Report on KPIs, performance results, and be accountable for achieving the targets.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $127,000USD and $171,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we’re experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you’ve got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.