Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Spotify is seeking a specialist in business intelligence and analytics to join the band. We are looking for someone to build an efficient analytics data suite, monitor performance with impactful reports. You will join a centralized insights team with diverse skill sets.
The role is highly impactful. You will directly contribute to support millions of Spotify users around the world.
What you’ll do
- Team up with analysts across the company to develop a detailed understanding of the departments’ metrics and of the factors affecting them.
- Deliver standardized reporting from design through to delivery and administration.
- Communicate findings effectively with both technical and product partners.
- Seek out opportunities to deliver innovative data products that deepen our understanding of current trends.
- Develop tools to detect early signals.
- Support leadership in evaluating future initiatives based on historical performance data.
- Gain a deep knowledge of Spotify’s wealth of data as it pertains to the user experience.
Who you are
- 5+ years of work experience delivering business intelligence analytics and data solutions.
- Proficient with SQL and with a scripting language such as Python or R.
- Ability to manipulate data, gain insights from large datasets.
- Communicate effectively and are capable of distilling complex thoughts into simple, impactful narratives.
- Natural problem-solver who is comfortable with data and ambiguity; able to both delve into the details and operational tactics and engage significantly on the big picture or overall strategy.
- Proactive and passionate about results and data integrity, capable of independently seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in complex situations.
- Ability to act with limited oversight on a day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities.
- Excited to work in a constantly evolving team.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.