Beat is a ride-hailing mobile app that is transforming the way people move in their cities and beyond. With just a tap of a button, riders can expect a car to their location within minutes to take them where they need to go.
We started our life as “Taxibeat” in Europe, circa 2011. In three short years we expanded our operations to Peru, where we provide millions of rides every single month. Nowadays, we’re present in Greece, Peru, Chile and Columbia—with many new market launches planned within the coming months. Our great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. in 2017. As we continue to grow, we remain committed to offering an affordable, safe and efficient way for people to move throughout their cities.
Our ride forward
Our people are the secret to our success. That’s why we are constantly growing our world-class operations and engineering teams. We have a product focused and engineering centric culture. Our teams are focused on developing projects related to carpooling, automated pricing, advanced route planning by using microservices, machine learning and artificial intelligence (just to name a few).
Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let’s get started on transforming the future of urban mobility together!
About the role
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you a Senior Backend Golang Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
With the various tools and communication technologies we’re using, you’ll feel connected to your team from wherever you are in the world. Our remote workforce always has the option to travel to our headquarters for meetings, events, and team bonding—or they can join virtually. Whatever works best for you and your work style.
What you’ll do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage, and support microservices written in Golang.
- Solve scalability and performance issues at an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows.
- Consume internal and 3rd party RESTful APIs.
- Debug and resolve issues and perform resolution follow ups.
- Participate in project planning including research and development.
What you need to have:
- Expert understanding Test Driven Development, OOP principles and design patterns in Golang, Scala, C++ or JavaEE with at least 5+ years of proven, production-grade software development expertise in any of the above.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with the design and implementation of large Golang based production systems.
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful web service design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity.
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL).
- Some knowledge (and experience) of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Experience in version control (Git preferable).
What it’s nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Commits in open source Golang-based projects
- Experience with GRPC
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.