We’re looking for our first Senior Art Director to lead, explore and evolve Zapier’s brand and identity. Reporting to the Senior Director of Design and “dotted line” to the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing, you’ll define brand attributes, manage and hire visual designers, and partner with our product design teams to ensure consistent creative representation of our brand.
Previous work with SMB/VSB customers and cloud based software providers a strong plus.
If you’re interested in driving your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You have a deep passion for Design and Brand. You have 8+ years working in design roles at agencies or technology companies. Preference for experience in B2B products targeted at the small business market.
You’re a big picture thinker who can also get down in the details. You are able to set the strategic agenda to help Zapier win over the long term. You comfortably navigate across levers in a full marketing mix, designing appropriate solutions for each opportunity. You truly feel ownership over the customer, consumer, and user experiences – driving initiatives through relentless advocacy and being “all in” on helping to develop, influence, and measure execution.
You’ve worked on or led Brand redesign process. You live and breathe brand and its extension into all aspects of the company. You have worked on or led the process of development of a company brand identity, extending to guidelines for all aspects of the brand including product, marketing, advertising, social, events, communications and internal use.
You’re a problem solver at heart. Your are a hypothesis driven problem solver who tests theories with data and can quickly identify levers/sources of value. You know how to pull insights from data and develop an organizational framework to help build/uplevel the function.
You’re a skilled manager, mentor, and coach. You have led teams of 3+ and realize the best way to grow a team is by helping them to grow themselves. You’re able to effectively share your experience and provide a clear framework for growth, while managing to objectives and ensuring quality deliverables.
You’re committed to being an awesome teammate. You love to work with cross discipline marketing and stakeholder teams to drive planning, customer and partner focused design and execution. You can effectively build relationships across the organization as an advocate for customers while managing stakeholders to bring the organization along on the journey.
You make good use of data. Passion for incorporating analysis/data as a feedback for learning and development of your teams work. Skill at using data to unearths tangible insights or key learnings to drive team-wide decision making. You are able to frame your solutions for others and turn your approach into organizational frameworks, influencing broader design analysis and a repeatable approach to drive execution.
Things You’ll Do
- Lead the overhaul of our brand to reflect our company’s vision and position in the market — creating a unique, memorable identity that lives in harmony in our product, communications, partnerships, marketing, support and advertising programs.
- Build an internal creative and brand team that serves all marketing and product initiatives
- Define brand attributes and ensure brand consistency across the customer experience, working closely with Marketing, Design, Product, and Executive teams
- Manage and hire team members focused on key capabilities: design, illustration, photography, and video, and jump in to help in these areas as we scale our team
- Evangelize the Zapier brand internally, so every employee can be an ambassador
- Work closely with marketers, writers, and product designers to ensure all customer-facing work furthers the brand and overall creative direction
- Tell Zapier’s story. Explain how our product adds value and solves problems, using language that resonates with the audience you’re trying to reach
- Travel 5-10% of the year to our bi-annual company retreats based in North America
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past eight years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies