Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.
Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.
Our flagship product, Impossible™ Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet.
Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:
Impossible Foods is looking for a talented Senior Accounting Manager to join our growing team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. Our Accounting team is responsible for all aspects of the monthly close processes, financial and management reporting processes, financial systems, audits and supporting the business. The ideal individual is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment, well organized, detail oriented that has an analytical mindset while having the ability to learn and adapt to changes. The Senior Accounting Manager will work closely with finance business partners and other cross-functional teams.
- Provide timely and accurate month-end close financials (that are GAAP compliant) and identifying and implementing process improvements while working closely with our FP&A team and external advisors
- Application of technical accounting knowledge and concepts to solution business critical projects along with continued technical skills development working in collaboration with the technical and SEC reporting team
- Work effectively cross functionally with key business partners on new and existing domestic and international initiatives and special projects
- Partner with cross functional team key business partners across finance, tax, legal, business operations and others to drive new and existing domestic and international initiatives and special projects
- Driving process improvements and system automation that leads to timely and accurate month-end close and signing off on our financial statements.
- Manage, coordinate, and lead a team in monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities
- Approving journal entries and account reconciliations for the financial statements
- Reviewing and approving month-end flux analysis that summarizes and tells the “story” of the company activities
- Playing a vital part in the company’s financial management which includes account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
- Driving error-free accounting reports and presenting results to the leadership team
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits and ensures the successful completion of those audits
- Improving financial and operational processes through process redesign, procedures development, and reporting enhancements
- Playing a key role in driving the development and implementation of systems related to the accounting function
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience in a hyper growth environment
- Mix of private and public company experience preferred
- Superior analytical and advanced spreadsheet skills with attention to detail
- Strong ERP system skills (SAP preferred) and experiences using Google Apps and other enterprise collaborative tools preferred
- A driven, continuous improvement and control mindset with a strong sense of ownership, accountability, teamwork and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal, business partnering and communication skills
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- A self starter attitude who has experience leading teams effectively
- This is a remote position
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.