Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
As an Account Executive, this is an opportunity to help build the B2B sales channel for a new division of Morning Brew – education. You will be responsible for revenue growth through the acquisition of new clients. This is a customer facing position requiring executive-level selling skills. The entire new and existing business sales cycle for your accounts will be your responsibility from sourcing to nurturing and closing deals. Additionally you’ll be expected to develop and update your expertise in the challenges faced by global businesses in order to fully understand and successfully craft a link between Morning Brew’s education offerings and corporate challenges. The primary goal is to establish Morning Brew as a high quality and efficient L&D solution for commercial and enterprise companies.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
– Own your business: pipeline generation, develop leads, close opportunities.
> Develop territory strategy plans and specific account plans, acquire net new customers, create and implement demand generation plans, and be accountable for your number.
– Meet and exceed sales quota.
> Close customer contracts ranging in size, building and growing pipeline, accurately forecast, cold call and prospect. This role is responsible for new logo acquisition where much of your time will be spent in prospecting new logos.
– Be an owner: as a startup, assume additional responsibilities as required
> In this role, it is expected that you are participating in the overall growth of the B2B channel. As such, you’ll have the opportunity to build out processes, strategies, and ideas that lead to pipeline and revenue growth.
– Accurately forecast opportunities and update the CRM.
– Develop a rapport with, and the trust of, clients including ensuring high standards of client interaction.
– Prepare and develop proposals for new business and pitch new proposals to prospective clients.
– As a startup, assume additional responsibilities as required.
– 3-4+ years of quota carrying/closing sales experience
– Must be well-versed in strategies that will help build trust with a client and move them through the sales cycle
– Developing sales pipelines, accurately forecasting penetrating new accounts, driving the sales process within a relationship selling environment
– Prior experience selling professional services to CLOs, CHROs, CEOs and other business unit leaders is a plus
– Background in business development and heavy prospecting with the ability to create new opportunities for yourself
– Must have exceptional negotiation and closing skills
– Must have strong research and strategic analysis skills
– Must have experience selling high-priced, intangible/conceptual products with long sales cycle
– Must have deep experience in consultative sales and the ability to lead need analysis and provide feedback and leadership in defining client needs
– Must be results oriented and achievement driven with the ability to “close” client opportunities
– Must have an ownership mindset, willing to bring new ideas, push boundaries, and find unique solutions to driving revenue growth.
90k base + commission *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
- Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
- Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
- Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
- Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
- Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
- Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
- Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
- Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.