The Splice Search team builds and maintains the core search platform that helps musicians discover sound and music production products. We own and operate all system components that power Splice’s search and ML tools.
As a Search Engineer, you’ll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver value to artists through search and discovery.You’ll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
What you’ll do:
As an engineer on the Search Team, you might find yourself:
- Working to design, build and support the core infrastructure of the Splice search platform
- Driving technical and architecture planning for the search and ML stack
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Design, ML, and Design to build new features and improvements for search
- Speaking and writing for technical and non-technical audiences
- Building and testing new methods for ingesting, enriching, and normalizing data
- Building tooling to observe feature performance: logging, monitoring, tracing, alerting and test tools for the search and ML stack.
- Making a more performant Splice: lowering compute costs and increasing the reliability of our systems for artists and engineers alike
- Participating in respectful code reviews to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about our work
What we’re looking for:
- You have worked with search technologies such as Lucene/Solr or Elasticsearch; you have built, iterated, and scaled search engines
- You know how to deploy, monitor, and maintain distributed, containerized services
- You have experience modeling the business domain and implementing performant schemas
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator, and you support the growth and learning of engineers around you
- You get excited about data and data quality. You use data to question, discover, experiment, and make decisions
- You share our vision of empowering all musicians to realize their creative potential and share it with the world
- Orientation toward distributed teams
- Experience with streaming platforms and near-real time data pipelines
- Working knowledge of A/B testing and experiment design
- You’ve owned a Go service in production. Our backend is 100% Go.