Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh creates resources to help students prepare for standardized tests like the SAT or ACT. Though we sell mostly direct-to-consumer, we have a small, mighty, and growing business selling into high schools, districts, and other organizations (we call this B2B). The Sales Support Specialist will tackle key components to build a pipeline of teachers, counselors, principals, and other qualified leads to support Magoosh’s aggressive B2B growth goals. Beyond lead generation and prospecting, the Sales Support Specialist will support and nurture current classroom and school partnerships.
This is a remote, part-time position (i.e., work from anywhere). The salary is $21.50/hour and the commitment is a minimum of 20 hours per week including scheduled shifts. If desired, additional hours may be worked outside of scheduled shifts.
Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Design and execute a process to source leads for new B2B partnerships — this may include overseeing a contractor to build a larger pool of possible leads.
- Nurture prospective partnerships by initiating outreach and conducting follow-up communication in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel and to ensure customer success.
- Support the B2B team – our Senior Business Development Manager and two remote sales and marketing support specialists – in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Continue to nurture current inbound partnership requests.
- Share product feedback with our Product and Engineering team and manage communication back to partners.
- Help out the B2B team in any areas needed (we’re a small startup, after all!)
- 1-2 years experience working in sales with a hunger to grow
- Excellent communication skills via phone, video, and email
- A desire to quickly develop in-depth knowledge of our high school products, and the ability to proactively stay up to date with new product updates, pricing, features, etc.
- Comfort with hearing “no”; a tenacious nature
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work on a shift schedule (you will have input on your shifts)
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you…
- The ability to be scheduled 4+hours/day, Monday-Friday, during typical business hours, preferably in the morning. You’ll have input on your hours, but we’d need to have some overlap with school schedules in multiple US time zones
- Experience with or passion for making cold/warm sales calls
- Experience with test prep tutoring, teaching, and/or college admissions
- Experience with B2B sales in a primarily B2C-focused company
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.