Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Principal Sales Program Manager will lead the strategy and rollout of programs that accelerate pipeline development across the Market Development Team. The senior role will lead cross-functional projects within the Market Development team including Sales Development, Partners and Sales Programs to accelerate revenue pipeline. The ideal candidate has experience building sales strategies and supporting programs covering demand generation to deployment. The leader has used data to quantify and identify opportunities, and has turned those insights into actionable sales plays adopted by a large sales team. This role requires extensive collaboration internally, and externally with Twilio partners.
This position will report to the Director of Global Sales Programs Operations.
This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to take us to the next level through innovating how we acquire, nurture and expand Flex customers and prospects from the most promising startups to the F500. Our ideal candidate is:
- An energetic, cross-functional leader with deep knowledge of scale (>$1B) B2B sales programs and strategies addressing a technical buyer.
- Highly analytical, data and systems oriented thinker.
- An expert in integrating account based marketing campaigns with sales programs.
- Highly effective presenter and influencer internally and externally.
- Consistent overachiever in previous performance and results.
- Drive alignment on plans across the Market Development team to execute global sales programs.
- Collaborate with Marketing to tailor campaigns that drive leads, nurture new accounts and expand existing customers.
- Replicate our most successful outbound strategies across the entire sales development team
- Integrate partner offerings into sales programs to accelerate partner sourced pipeline and co-sell programs.
- Work with global teams and build understanding of how to drive success across regions and product categories.
Twilio’s revenue team is rapidly growing, scaling to serve customers around the globe with increasingly sophisticated problems to solve.
Twilio is empowering developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation. We want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one. You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the global telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $120,832 (Developing minimum or Colorado)- $151,040 (Premium Mid for Denver Metro).
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.