Skillshare for Teams is looking for a highly motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing B2B team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to be Skillshare’s first SDR and will play a significant role in helping us build the momentum of our B2C business to accelerate Enterprise revenue & growth.
Your primary responsibility is to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with Marketing and Sales to create and execute on inbound lead programs and outbound lead generation campaigns. This position requires inbound lead fielding, outbound prospecting, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the Account Executives to generate new opportunities. The SDR will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all products and the e-learning industry in general. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle following.
We are looking for a collaborative, resourceful, and energetic individual that can contribute to the Sales and Marketing teams, deliver messaging & product feedback back into the Marketing and Product organizations, and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
What you’ll do day to day
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries via email, chat, and support channels
- Educate leads on Skillshare for Teams product and nurture them until they are qualified and ready to talk with an Account Executive
- Research and evaluate additional leads/prospects through web research
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call or email into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Research and create analysis of the prospect before handing them off to an Account Executive
- Schedule appointments, demos and introduce leads to their new point of contact
- Provide in depth information to the Sales team to enable the most qualified and productive demos
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure revenue objectives
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using com
- Quickly learn the Skillshare for Teams product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Effectively partner and work across the Skillshare for Teams departments – including Sales, Marketing, and Product
Why we’re excited about you
- 1-2 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales and/or sales
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Proficiency with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Dun + Bradstreet
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Skillshare for Teams
- Strong and professional communication skills — written, verbal, presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic; driven and self-sufficient
Why you’re excited about us
- Impact: B2B is quickly becoming a cornerstone of our business, and you’ll be at the heart of it, from the ground up.
- Growth: We are growing rapidly and plan to continue in 2021.
- Ourteam: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Ourmission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are a series-D company backed by OMERS, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.