Yelp is looking for a clever counselor to join its small but nimble legal team in supporting our popular and growing consumer internet company in its efforts to connect millions of people with great local businesses. Yelp is a profitable, publicly-traded company with thousands of employees located primarily in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Germany.
This role focuses on supporting Yelp’s marketing, product, and sales teams in achieving success with their advertising and promotional initiatives. You’ll gain a deep understanding of Yelp’s ad products and sales processes while helping to identify and mitigate legal and business risks associated with Yelp’s revenue operations.
This is a full-time position which can be based anywhere in the U.S. Yelp’s legal team currently has lawyers in the states of California, Illinois, Texas, and Washington.
Where You Come In:
- Work closely with Yelp’s marketing team to support brand initiatives, go-to-market activities, and provide general business advice.
- Draft clear and concise disclosures, disclaimers, sweepstakes rules, and other collateral used to explain our products and initiatives to our customers.
- Create, negotiate, and review a range of advertising agreements including insertion orders, sales partnership agreements, bespoke campaign agreements with advertising agencies, and other agreements related to Yelp’s ad sales and other revenue-driving business activities.
- Make and improve policies and workflows to support efficient and robust sales and marketing organizations.
- Assist with general transactions and other commercial legal matters as needed.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- D., top law school with bar admission in good standing
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a big firm and/or in-house with commercial contracts
- Digital advertising (ad-tech) and media experience
- Strong knowledge of Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard terms as well as advertising laws and policies, including FTC Guidelines, data collection and use best practices, and other digital advertising industry standards
- Experience counseling marketing business teams, leading the drafting and negotiation of marketing and vendor contracts including MSA and SOWs, and conducting marketing content review is a plus
- Keen understanding of privacy issues in the ad-tech space on mobile applications and web-based technologies, such as pixel tracking (retargeting and conversion), cookies, location-based tracking, and building audience profiles.
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams of stakeholders
- Excellent legal and business judgment; ability to think creatively about unique issues
- Rigorous devotion to detail and organization
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
- We strongly value cover letters as an opportunity for you to explain your interest and ability to succeed in this role rather than rehashing your resume. Also, we ask that you dedicate a paragraph of your cover letter to comment on an interesting legal topic that has recently been in the news.
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range is $150,000 – $200,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus, Restricted Stock Units, and benefits