At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Health team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm Health is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
As a Calm Coach, you’ll be directly coaching Calm members but also be working cross functionally to help the Calm team to ‘test and iterate’ on Calm’s coaching platform and programs to best support both calm coaches and members.
As a coach, you will
- Work with our community members to support their mental wellness and mental health needs.
- Carry an active caseload of members
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and paperwork (I.e. assessments, care plans, daily notes and other required paperwork)
- Follow evidence based practices known to generate positive mental health outcomes
- Provide coaching around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career
- Follow up with member caseload via chat between consults
- Participate in training and development opportunities
For coach support, you will
- Work across product, engineering, content, clinical, operations to help create a best-in-class coaching platform which delivers high rates of engagement and outcomes
- Collect and report on learnings from your coaching experience to quickly inform the team on potential improvements
- Perform other pertinent duties as determined by the Director of Clinical Care
As a Calm Coach, you
- Excel at empathetic listening and providing compassionate support throughout the process of personal growth
- Excel at cross functional work in a dynamic, ever changing environment
- Have the ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues
- Are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity, novel situations and change
- Are comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Are a culturally responsive provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- Are resilient
Who You Are:
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- MA degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program as approved by the NBHWC: NBHWC approved programs
- Expertise in Motivational Interviewing
- Experience in virtual coaching
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral coaching techniques
- Fluency in Google Suite
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.