Stripe is looking for an experienced compliance professional to help build our regulatory compliance team. The role could either be based in Seattle or could be remote. In this role, you will coordinate with Stripe’s Legal team and other major second line functions, such as Financial Crimes, Security and others, to (a) understand and document regulatory requirements, (b) implement systems for comprehensively tracking regulatory requirements for each Stripe entity, (c) monitor compliance with those requirements to inform regulatory reporting, governance and prioritization decisions, and (d) build quality assurance and oversight into all of our major compliance functions.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Prepare and submit reports to relevant regulators around the world.
- Develop and maintain processes for ensuring data quality and reliability, supporting regulatory submissions.
- Work with internal engineering, accounting, systems and other teams to build efficient and scalable regulatory reporting workflows.
- Identify opportunities for continuous monitoring of regulatory reporting data as well as process automation.
- Perform testing of regulatory reports, as a result of system and/or engineering changes, prior to go live.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or a related technical field and 5+ years of professional experience.
- Capability to be self-sufficient in accessing and analyzing data from production systems;
- Expertise with SQL beyond querying: schema and ETL design, query optimization, data pipeline maintenance.
- Experience with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Familiarity with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling (R, Python) and ETL development (Ruby, Python).
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- Ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with money transmission or similar regulated financial services activities.
- Experience working with legal counsel and translating regulatory requirements into robust operational processes.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.