This requisition is an advertisement for part-time positions that Foodsmart hires for regularly throughout the year. It is a way for Foodsmart to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within Foodsmart.
Please see our other Registered Dietitian postings for specific states in which we are currently hiring.
Foodsmart is eating well made simple. We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.25 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield, and Founder Collective. Learn more at www.foodsmart.com.
What We’re Looking For
Foodsmart is seeking Registered Dietitians (RDs) to support the comprehensive nutrition care mission of Foodsmart Nutrition Network, which is grounded in evidence-based clinical nutritional standards including use of a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet. Our Foodsmart RDs leverage Foodsmart’s digital platform to provide a broad range of nutrition and health-related consultations, educational sessions, and training to Foodsmart’s clients, partners, and users.
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via remote sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs
- Provide tailored nutrition education and counseling to clients/patients in virtual settings, including using a WFPB dietary approach
- Document care in electronic medical record according to Nutrition Care Process
- Assist patients in getting the most utility out of Foodsmart’s digital platform
- Manage a panel of clients/patients with a variety of chronic health conditions and backgrounds
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients/patients through HIPAA-compliant video calls and electronic messaging
- Active credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian (state-dependent)
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in providing nutritional counseling
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- HIGHLY DESIRABLE – multilingual (native level) language capabilities
- HIGHLY DESIRABLE – multiple active state licenses or certifications
- HIGHLY DESIRABLE – experience delivering services via a telehealth platform
- $40 per hour
- Additional pay or modified rates may apply based on clinical & business needs
Cover letters are required. Please specify which state(s) you hold certifications or licensure in on your resume or in your cover letter as well as any languages beyond English in which you are fluent or native-level and able to offer services. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be considered and contacted for next steps.