Thanks for your interest in this position – we’re excited to build great software together! Below is some basic info about us and the role, so you know what you’re getting into.
We founded AirDev to change how custom software is made. Our goals are to dramatically lower the technical and financial barriers to making technical products and to enable people without traditional coding skills to make a good living building those products.
Co-founders Andrew and Vlad were some of the original Bubble users in 2013, and were amazed at the web platforms they could build without a technical background. They started AirDev in 2015 as the first Bubble agency, building apps for clients of all shapes and sizes.
We’ve grown significantly since and now help hundreds of clients all over the globe, from one-person startups to large enterprises, build high-quality software in a matter of weeks.
About the role and its responsibilities
Product Owners act as the Head of Product/CTO for our clients, helping them think through their idea and turn it into concrete requirements that our developers and designers can execute on. Their primary task is to create a product that’s as good as possible while ensuring that it’s scoped to meet the client’s timeline and budget. Their specific responsibilities include:
- Discuss the project with the client and determine what functionality is needed
- Help the client think through their different options, corner cases, and simplest ways to build something
- Research answers to technical questions that involve API integrations or complex workflows
- Put together detailed specifications and wireframes based on the project requirements as well as our standards
- Work with the development and design teams to execute on the project, providing feedback and guidance as needed
- Help the client iterate on the product based on data, development best practices, and customer feedback
Qualities we look for
We value a mix of hard and soft skills, as well alignment to our core values in all of our people. Some specific qualities for this role include:
- Excellent communication skills: Product Owners spend majority of their time interacting with clients, so they need to be very clear and structured in both verbal and written communication.
- Product sense and commitment to simplicity: We see a large range of ideas and Product Owners should be able to quickly figure out the simplest way to turn those ideas into products, no matter what the industry or application.
- Analytical skills: Designing software can be quite complex, so we look for strong conceptual and logical thinkers.
- Software Experience: Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience building software, using Bubble or code (as either a developer or Product Manager).
- Time management and being task-oriented: We work with lots of clients at once and always stick to our deadlines, which requires diligence and constantly moving the ball forward.
- Enjoy intellectual & creative challenges: Finding the right technical solution to a human need is both an art and a science, and those who enjoy solving complex problems tend to be best suited for this role.