ConvertKit is a delightful email marketing platform that helps creators grow their audience, connect with their true fans, and earn a living online. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re hiring a Product Marketing Manager to lead product positioning, messaging/storytelling, narrative design, and go-to-market initiatives as we scale from $26M ARR to $100M ARR. This person will own the product marketing roadmap and support our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams in a key role that reports to the Director of Marketing.
We are looking for someone who has experience repositioning a SaaS product that is constantly evolving. They will help design a new narrative and market category in the fast-growing online creator space. The ideal candidate will also have excellent copywriting and storytelling skills and a proven track record of leading high-visibility projects with cross-functional teams.
- Gather competitive analysis and industry insights to educate internal stakeholders and help inform product strategy, roadmap, pricing and packaging.
- Lead win/loss user research efforts and act as the voice of the creators we serve.
Positioning, messaging, and narrative design
- Help refine our target personas and identify product use cases that enable those creator personas to grow their audience, connect with their fans, and earn a living online.
- Create positioning and messaging frameworks that communicate our product’s value to our target personas.
- Help define a new market category for the creator space and design a narrative that clearly communicates the value of our product.
Planning and execution
- Establish a go-to-market strategy playbook and lead execution of all product launches, ongoing feature releases, and new partnerships
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Product, Marketing, Sales and Support teams to identify and support their unique needs.
- Create customer facing material including web copy, videos, emails, case studies, blog posts, FAQs, tutorials, etc.
- Share ownership (with Product) for growing Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) of our new commerce product, ConvertKit Commerce.
- Measure product marketing performance through key metrics such as MRR growth, win/loss rates, retention rates, and feature adoption.
- Use large data sets to create high-confidence forecasts and growth plans to achieve company goals.
The right candidate should have:
- 4+ years of in-house experience in product marketing for SaaS, B2C tech companies
- Proven understanding of segmentation strategies, developing buyer personas, articulating customer pain points, and crafting client-facing messaging
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- Proven Product-Led Growth (PLG) marketing experience with strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, confidently collaborate directly with senior executives and build consensus among multiple stakeholders and teams
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- An operator mindset – understands the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment – US + EMEA timezones preferred
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 3 ($118,500) or level 4 ($143,500). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning and development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
This role will close on March 1st, 2021. We usually receive a large number of applications (because remote work!), but hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A brief exercise or homework assignment to assess your skills
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step. To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.