Shopify has focused the last decade on solving complex problems for entrepreneurs by making commerce seamless and accessible. Now, we want to do the same for buyers.
With Shop, we have set out to reimagine the online shopping experience. From frictionless checkout to live order tracking to personalized product recommendations, Shop is your one-stop shopping assistant. By creating experiences that solve problems throughout the entire customer journey, Shop will help both our merchants and their customers develop more meaningful relationships and connections. Shop has already made shopping better for 16 million users, and we’re committed to serving many millions more. We’re just getting started!
As a product manager on the Order Management team, you will work closely with designers, engineers, data scientists, and other stakeholders to launch delightful products within our mobile app. We’re on a mission to empower users to take control of all of their online shopping. From the moment a user makes a purchase online, through tracking the package in real-time, to when the order is finally delivered to the user, Shop will be there to remove friction and uncertainty.
- Product management experience, or similar experience in another role
- Empathy for users and their problems, and a drive to build great products for them
- Ability to communicate with clarity verbally and in writing
- Ability to use data to inform decision making
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment with designers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and support teams
- Experience working in, or with, product design and/or engineering
- A track record of taking ownership to drive work forward
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience using SQL in a self-directed way to analyze data
- Having run A/B testing experiments
- Conducting user research
- Working with ecommerce and/or online payments
What you’ll be working on
- Ensuring that our app is a world-class experience
- Engaging with users to identify problems in the post-purchase space
- Gathering and analyzing data to understand the problems worth solving and to inform the team’s decision making
- Collaborating with other product manager stakeholders and Shop’s leadership team to prioritize the right problems to solve and to inform our product plan
- Collaborating closely with a team of designers, engineers, data scientists and other stakeholders to ensure we build and launch the right products
- Communicating verbally and in writing to the team and to stakeholders to clear roadblocks and keep everyone informed on each stage of the product journey
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.