More than a decade ago, with the launch of Firefox 1.0, Mozilla paved the way for the first generation of rich internet applications. Since then Mozilla, a corporation fully owned by a non-profit has continued to advance a healthy internet. The Firefox Desktop product team plays a central role in advancing this mission.
A healthier internet begins with the tools we use to build, access, and discover the web. Today, a few tech companies play a disproportionate role in shaping the internet used by 4.5 billion people.
Now it’s your turn to ensure the citizens of the modern web play a defining role in crafting its future.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team as we reshape and redefine the role of the everyday web browser.
Join our highly adaptable and collaborative product team. As a product manager on the Firefox Desktop team you might join any of our core experiences teams across: Account, Add-ons, Privacy, Web Platform, Velocity (experimentation), Services, and Ecosystem. We are an experienced software development team looking for an emerging or aspiring Product Manager to help us advance the web.
You’ve got this if you are …
- Inspired by what’s possible.
- Passionate about creating great customer experiences.
- A curious and self-directed learner.
- Eager to learn how new technologies can improve the customer experience.
- Driven and open to receiving feedback, coaching, and direction.
- Adaptable and willing to dive into a range of product areas from technical services that help protect user data to customer experiences.
- Ready to contribute to a high-velocity learning culture.
- Team oriented.
- Have a conversational understanding of the internet and internet technologies.
- Working under the guidance and mentorship of senior product managers and product leaders to execute on product artifacts, improve the product and product development process.
- Collaborate with engineers, user experience, and other team members to define and articulate product features.
- Communicate and bring to life the product strategy to your engineering and user experience counterparts and partner teams.
- Contribute to road mapping and product review activities of your feature areas.
- Have a pulse on consumer trends to translate into advancements in Firefox.
- Balance technical, customer, and business insight.
- Contribute to healthy product team relationships.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- A non-profit (Mozilla), our purpose is our mission.
- Learn from a diverse and opinionated leadership team.
- A great place to learn and develop the craft of product management.
- Receive generous training allocation and continuous learning support.
- Remote friendly work environment.
- Choose your own computing device.
- Shape the future of the internet!
- Have prior skills, education, or experience in user experience, analytics, business strategy, ethnographic research, or related experience.
- Demonstrable ability alike to learn new and complex topics.
- Aspiring product manager with proven experience in the product management field, or new to discipline with a compelling motivation to change fields.
- You can reason through problems from multiple perspectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate complex ideas in written and verbal communication understood by experts and non-experts alike.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.