LaterPay is looking for a Product Manager to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. You will manage the development of solutions and the implementation of requirements for our Services team to support the growth of LaterPay monetization products worldwide.
As part of the Services team, you bridge the business and technical worlds as you understand market development and design services that provide solutions to customers needs. Our Services team works closely with our business team and other engineering teams to provide critical APIs that are core to all of the LaterPay products.
As the Product Manager, you will
- Assess potential product features and requests towards the product vision and strategy
- Understand customer needs and work with the business and engineering team to conceptualise thoughtful ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to the product
- Collaborate with engineering teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods
- Integrate user research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Focus on providing our users and merchants with the best possible experience
- Manage the product development process from conception to implementation for the dedicated part of product
- Create epics, tickets and estimations for projects with the engineering team
Our ideal candidate has
- Strong focus on building APIs and developer-facing products
- Strong experience working with developers to estimate project timelines, set up milestones, and manage delivery expectations
- Product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish with a focus on digital products and technologies
- Ability to thrive to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Technical expertise and experience working closely with engineers
- Openness working in an agile, iterative development environment
- Good problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing is an advantage.
- Ability to work with a distributed team across multiple time zones
HOW WE WORK
LaterPay has around 50 people spread over 13+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday – Friday from 9ish UTC to 6ish UTC, and ideally you’ll overlap at least 4 hours with that. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- AllHands (biannual team event)
- Training budget
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- Upload your CV
- As this position will be working closely with our engineers building APIs, please included in your cover letter the following:
- An experience you have had as a product manager over a set of APIs
- What made the product a success (or failure)
- What have you learned from it?
We will only consider applications with a cover letter that includes answers to the questions above.
Applications for this position close on February 7th, 2020.
€55,000 – €80,000 / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level