The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We are looking for a highly collaborative Product Designer to be a design contributor on a team committed to identifying opportunities and crafting solutions for how we welcome new users to Spotify and help them get onto the right plan.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about product design within the native experience and is able to guide the design process from early sketches on paper to wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes as well as understand stakeholders requirements.
What you’ll do
- Lead design discovery and experimentation to uncover the biggest and best opportunities for us to research, prototype, and test.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Work with a small multi-disciplinary team made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others to test and launch features.
- You’ll take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments
Who you are
- Experience in a similar role at consumer-focused product companies and delivering great user experience.
- You’ve got solid design skills. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, people-oriented experiences. Bonus skills include motion design and prototyping skills.
- A proactive and collaborative designer with the ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Skills for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- A strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
- Communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak expertly to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the America region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard Time and EST time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.