Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. To make big improvements, we need innovative solutions that make great care available at affordable levels. At Sana, we are passionate about fixing this problem.
To do this, we have built a new kind of health plan from scratch for employers and their employees. Our customers can offer rich benefits to attract and retain top talent while paying less than traditional plans. Sana uses proprietary technology to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
Sana is looking for a Product Designer to join our small but growing team. You will work closely with the Senior Product Designer to support the company with all design-related tasks – both leading your own projects and playing a crucial supporting role in carrying out larger product initiatives. Your projects will vary between designing digital user experiences, creating visual improvements for existing UI, creating graphics for email communications and social media, and supporting cross-functional teams with print collateral. This is not a specialized role. You will have the opportunity to touch many facets of design and have an immediate impact on the business.
We are building a distributed team and encourage all applicants to apply, regardless of location. Please submit a portfolio of relevant work with your resume.
What you will do
- Design web-based tools for our administrative customers, members, and internal users
- Work with our PM and Senior Product Designer to simplify complicated manual processes and tasks, translating them for the digital space
- Innovate new ways to make health benefits easier for members to use and understand
- Collaborate with our Senior Product Designer to create visuals that fit within the Sana brand
- Create new and improve upon existing digital features so they are functional, easy, and enjoyable for our members to use
- Work closely with software engineers to implement and test your designs
- Collaborate with and support our Operations department with member experience and communication initiatives
- Team up with our Marketing and Sales departments to message the Sana brand, creating collateral to support sales outreach and events
- 2-4 years working as a designer on digital projects
- The ability to design intuitive interfaces, simplify complex information, and create best-in-class user experiences
- Experience working in Sketch or comparable design software
- Experience working with inVision or comparable prototyping tools
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Attention to detail where it matters most
- Working knowledge of the web development process (no direct coding experience needed!)
- A portfolio of relevant work experience
- Self-motivated, collaborative, communicative, resourceful, curious, and comfortable with an iterative design process
- You’re excited to help build something totally new and you’re motivated by making a real, positive change to a stagnant industry
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!