Teachable is looking for a Product Design Manager to join our growing product design team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of designers who work across our Core, Money and Platform pods, while working alongside other teams to ensure a seamless experience for our users.
This role will entail managing a growing team of product designers and helping to level up our team’s practices. You’ll play a foundational role, working together with your counterparts in Engineering and Product to ensure we are building a great product addressing real user needs.
This position reports into the Director of Product Design.
- Lead and mentor a team of designers to ensure we deliver great value to our customers.
- Build out Design frameworks and tooling to help scale our team’s ability to drive impact.
- Be responsible for growing our team through hiring, career development and training opportunities.
- Champion user-centered design and craft, and ensure the team is building towards outcomes based on user needs.
- Actively contribute to constructive design reviews and deliver quality.
- Help facilitate opportunity discovery, solutioning and other forms of discovery.
- As a member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
- Play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards.
- Be an advocate for our E.O.P.L.E. Principles.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing, growing, and mentoring product design teams
- Experience designing and managing in a fast paced, agile environment
- Thrives in ambiguity and can make forward progress in situations when given minimal guidance
- Demonstrated experience translating consumer insights into clean, elegant experiences
- Bonus points for experience working in growth stage ($10MM – $100MM ARR) companies
- Has effectively recruited, hired, and led diverse engineering teams.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart’s mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We’re growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.