At GoDaddy, the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days), and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join Our Team
GoDaddy’s Information Security Org is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to join our organization. Do you want to be an Information Security Leader at GoDaddy? Can you solve large-scale and cross-company issues, while ensuring that partnership with the development and operational communities remains front of mind? The ideal candidate will apply hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and eagerness to design solutions to complex problems. You must be comfortable with communicating with stakeholders, performing security assessments, prioritizing security risks, and creating/presenting high-quality deliverables.
What you’ll get to do…
- Protect Users by performing internal security assessments, working to identify vulnerabilities, and providing remediation guidance to affected system/application owners.
- Join forces with SRE and development teams to find new and creative ways to reduce the occurrence of vulnerabilities at scale.
- Review quality issues and work towards detecting security flaws, both obvious and discrete.
- Assist with scoping prospective projects, participating in projects from kickoff through “definition of done” via end-to-end ownership.
- Use your proven experience to own and drive resolution and retesting of complex security events, policy questions, and technical security risks.
- Launch campaigns to mitigate security risks across the company.
Your experience should include…
- 7+ years of progressive security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains including but not limited to Security Architecture, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, and Web Security.
- Experience in Secure Development Lifecycle and Shift Left with a Security by Design methodology.
- Experience with threat modeling.
- Experience applying security engineering best practices that align with security and privacy compliance requirements.
- Problem-solver with excellent communication skills, and a deep technical understanding of security engineering best practices.
You might also have…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- Industry-recognized security certifications from organizations such as ISC^2, SANS, Offensive Security, etc.
We’ve got your back… We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.