As the Principal Product Manager for Security, you’ll be defining the security strategy and roadmap for our industry-leading NoSQL database and cloud offerings. We are looking for someone with a passion for the challenges in data security and a strong technical background in compliance requirements in database, cloud, and distributed systems. The successful candidate needs to have prior experience in product management and a very good understanding of region and industry specific compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, GDPR, NIST-FIPS, HIPPA, SOX-COBIT etc.
- Understand market opportunities of various compliance requirements, define the security strategy, and drive the requirements for new security capabilities and controls for Couchbase data platform and cloud offerings.
- Develop market and product requirement specifications, and work with the engineering teams to prioritize and deliver feature requests from concept to general availability.
- Engage with customers to understand their evolving security and compliance requirements, influence and develop the product roadmap and identify high-value integrations with the broader security ecosystem.
- Work both internally with functional groups (engineering, marketing, support, sales, etc.) as well as externally with customers and partners to drive feature priorities, release content, and customer requirements.
- Contribute content for sales and sales engineering trainings, product launches, webinars, and Couchbase conferences.
- 5+ years of experience in the information management industry, with deep understanding of security and compliance requirements
- 5+ years technical product management experience in a fast-paced technology company
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Critical thinker with a strong bias towards action, able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to customer use cases
- Track record of exceptional performance and as a collaborative team player
- Clear, crisp communicator with strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a start-up environment is a strong plus