Zendesk is looking for a Principal Copywriter. You’ll work as a mighty brand guardian, making sure our work is easy to understand, charming, and mega fresh!
This is a collaborative role on our Creative Team. You’ll be working with skilled designers, filmmakers, producers, illustrators, and a whole team of other writers – all of whom are brilliant, friendly, and occasionally ridiculous.
Perhaps you’re wondering why you should work at Zendesk over some ‘cool’ creative agency. Well, let’s just leave this here: We offer a genuine respect for mental health, a good salary, and the opportunity to flex your creative chops while also delivering the goods. Not to mention that our work wins an occasional award (or two).
What you get to do everyday:
- Lead creative work for the Zendesk Brand. This includes brand campaigns, web pages, activations, messaging docs, video scripts, and more.
- Champion and generate ideas for innovative, effective creative that delivers against the brief.
- Pitch work in a clear and compelling way to our stakeholders.
- Create standards for the Zendesk Brand voice. Set tone and help write our style guides.
- Mentor the writing team, and individual writers.
- Check creative deliverables for consistency and clarity — whether internal, or produced by an agency.
- Enable other Zendesk teams to create on-brand collateral, through education, workshops, and building relationships.
- Find and hire freelance writers.
- Develop relationships with people at Zendesk who create content — and help their work get better.
What you bring to the table:
- 8 years as a professional copywriter working in creative advertising, or in house
- Experience leading writers and other creatives.
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills. You should be able to dazzle people with your headlines and entice them with your body copy.
- Understanding of the intricacies of brand and creative disciplines.
- Patience for documentation, style guides, and improving the creative process.
- An ability to switch between high-level strategic conversation and grammar-perfect writing with ease.
- Please include portfolio with application